Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Reason for being

The first order of this blog is to state it's purpose. My chief reason is to create a catalog of my different thoughts and ideas. This blog is primarily created for selfish reasons. I am becoming more and more aware over time that I'm forgetting things that I learn or hear about that I think are useful and so rather than lose this information to the great abyss of my mind I would rather try to collect it in a place where I will have easy access to it and where it might be of some use to others.

Given the above, what type of content will I write about? From the outset at least, I plan to write about my continuing studies with routers, switches, anything related to wireless networking and whatever else I'm learning about dealing with computer networks. For example, one topic I'll probably frequently write about is how easy it's to crack WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy). However, I've still got quite a lot to learn, so I won't know everything. The format will probably be questions followed by answers, which will most likely include links, to various Windows/Cisco problems I'm involved with in class and at home at any given time.

My interests do not just lie in computers I am also a Christian and therefore I will most certainly write about whatever I'm reading, listening to, or thinking about from that perspective. I also have a brother, a sister, and a father who have different callings in life and so attempt to keep up with whatever those different real or at this point theoretical vocations are. Needless to say God provides me with quite a bit of writing material!

A lot of what I'll be doing is referencing articles or books, because I read more frequently than I type. Another habit that influences the preceding sentence is that I enjoy thoroughly understanding an issue then I proceed to tell others what I found. As a result, when I do type it tends to be a bit longer than I thought when I started and probably can come across as overkill. With this understanding in mind I’ll end my first post.

No comments: